our rings



Well since my ring almost broke yesterday, I figured it was about time to do a little post about that precious rock.

I'm seriously obsessed with my ring. It's not exactly what I thought I wanted, but it's better than I could have even imagined.


I would advise girls looking at rings to not go in with one idea in mind. Yes of course have a few styles that you like in mind, but things look different when you actually see them on your finger. I always thought I had pretty normal looking fingers, but when I tried on the ring that I was dead set on, I was surprised to find out that it made my finger look like a fat sausage.


I knew that I loved rose gold, but I was too scared to actually say that's what I wanted for sure. But I'm so glad Logan pushed me to try it on. He knew that I wanted something that was kind of different, and whenever I see silver, I always think to myself that I'm so glad I didn't decide to just join the crowd.

We went to Goldsmith's in Provo, and I fell in love with an oval shaped diamond with a skinny single band covered in diamonds. That was my dream ring, but again I turned into little miss fat fingers.


The second place we went to was Wilson Diamond in Provo. I was very impressed with them. They were very helpful, and had a lot of options. The employees don't work on commission, so they aren't going to feed you a bunch of bull to get you to buy their rings. I found a lot that I liked, but once I tried on the ring I have now,  I forgot about the rest.

I actually couldn't get that ring off my mind for weeks. It was one that was custom made, and I was so scared that they had sold it and we lost our chance. Little did I know, Logan secretly bought it with me having no clue, and now we are happy little clams.

As far as his ring, well that was a real challenge. We tried them on like three times but never really found anything that we both liked at all. He decided that he liked the plain gold bands, and I agreed completely. Except too bad it would have to be special ordered and was going to set me back about $1000, and it didn't even have diamonds or anything special. I was kind of freaking out because I felt like that was a lot of money to pay for a skinny plain band. Plus I'm broke. So. . .

I held out for a long time. Probably too long actually. But then my grandpa saved the day. I told him about the ring, and that it wasn't even one that Logan loved, so I was nervous about buying it. He then went upstairs and brought down a cigar box from 1940. It was filled with some gorgeous antique jewelry. One of which was the wedding ring my grandma bought for him when they were married. He said it would never fit him again, and that I was welcome to have it if it was something Logan would want.

I was seriously so nervous to show him because I didn't know if he would appreciate this vintage find as much as I did. I underestimate my sweet husband. He loved it. Like love loved it. He still tells me all the time how perfect it is. So there you go, I lucked out on his ring, but they sure do look good together, don't they?



(This was way longer than I thought it would be. . . Sorry)

xoxo

Alex

5 rants and raves:

megan danielle | September 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

no i loved how much detail there was! and i love that his ring is a family heirloom, thats really sweet :)

Tori Baldridge | September 9, 2012 at 1:20 PM

WOW!! Beautiful!!! xoxo

Engagement Ring Solutions | September 28, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Your write-up is such a worthwhile read! :) Yup! A match made from heaven! Both rings absolutely look fabulous!

Rochel Faltus | January 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM

The diamonds in the rings complement each other, and they look like as if they are made for one another! Your ring band is impressively thin, and Logan’s ring didn’t seem vintage at all. Your grandfather must love you and Logan that much to give you his ring, to think it’s from your grandma! I wish you a wonderful married life!

Bridget Rossi | February 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Talk about beautiful precious rings! The diamonds engraved on those bonds are really captivating. I wish I can see pictures of you two wearing your rings. I’m sure they look more beautiful on your fingers! :]