Colorado 2012





















Logan and I tagged along with my mom's family to visit her sister and her seven kids, and to celebrate my mom's birthday. (She went to Neil Diamond. In her exact words, "Alex, Neil Diamond makes my bum tingle." She's weird.) This was on of three vacations Logan and I took this summer. Talk about the never-ending honeymoon! :) We had a really fun time. The drive to Colorado from Utah is beautiful. I sort of missed half of it because I read the first and second Hunger Games while we were driving, but can you blame me? I'm so obsessed. You can call me Katniss. Anyway. . . Some highlights were:

The temple. It's a smaller temple located in the suburb of Denver, but it was still really cool to go to. Logan and I just took a little trip there with my mom and dad and had so much fun with just the four of us. The not so great part was eating at the Elephant Bar after, the food was delicious, but it did not sit well with me or my dad. About fifteen minutes after we left I made my dad pull over to a 711 where I barfed my guts out. Pretty much my wedding day all over again. Bad memories.

The game. I slept off my sickness while we drove to the Rockies game and met the rest of my mom's fam there. We had SO MUCH FUN. I love baseball games. It basically rained the whole time, but Coor's Field is gorgeous so who cares. We sat on the third row, (thank you grandma) which was awesome! We also saw that guy on the Red's who throws like 100 mph, but his name has escaped me.

The park. We took a visit to Estes Park, which totally blows Zion right out of the water. Seriously it is so pretty. My parents are convinced they are living there someday. We visited the hotel where the shining was filmed, ate at the worst restaurant ever, shopped at some sweet specialty shops, and saw an elk on the side of the road!

Basically I have to thank my mom for all the pictures and endless amounts of food, and my grandparents for the good times. Go Rockies!





0 rants and raves: